Click the link to read archived Pacific View Newsletters
Pacific View Summer 2016
Call for Pacific View Submissions
As new publication co-editors of Pacific View, we’d like to extend a warm invitation to you to submit abstracts or full pieces for the Summer 2016 issue.
We are moving to an online format this year, which opens up possibilities for multimedia and other innovative submissions as well as the standard text-based articles and poems. Submissions for the following sections will be considered for the next issue:
- Practical Matters, which gives specific classroom activities
- Student Talk, providing a student’s perspective on learning
- Professional Development, ideas on developing self and/or others (new section)
- Intersections, addressing thoughts on theory and/or philosophy of teaching (formerly Guest Spotlight)
- Creative Outlet, a spot where colleagues can exhibit their creative side (replacing Poetry to include a broader spectrum of the cool things we do)
Submissions can be short or long (but not like dissertation long) and sent electronically email@example.com in an attached document form (preferably Word). Be sure to include your school affiliation along with your name, address, phone, and email.
Because of the variety of genres, we will accept an abstract or full piece for review. Abstracts are not required, particularly for smaller pieces.
Abstract deadline: May 4; Full piece deadline: May 31; We will notify abstract submissions of their status no later than May 9.
We look forward to learning from you all over the next three years.
Joy Palmer and Andrea Ascuena
Pacific View Co-Editors
College of Western Idaho